Truck Insurance at a glance

What is Truck insurance?

Truck insurance can cover your vehicle against accidental damage and theft. It can also protect you from the financial costs of repairing or replacing the other party’s vehicle in an accident where you’re at fault.

Whether you have one truck or more, we can arrange to have all the vehicles under one comprehensive policy.

“More than half of Australian drivers (58%) narrowly avoid a car crash at least once a month, while 18% of drivers said they experienced close calls on a weekly basis.”

Who should consider it?

Anyone who owns a heavy vehicle or operates Fleet of Vehicles should consider a transport policy.  Providing cover for loss or damage to your vehicle and your liability to pay for any damage or injury caused by your vehicle (other than injury covered by a CTP policy).

Commercial/Fleet Insurance comes with a range of standard features and optional benefits

What can it cover?

It can cover, Rigid Trucks, Prime Movers, Trailers and Earthmoving Equipment and more. Depending on the policy that you take out, here are some of the benefits:

Potential benefits


Commercial Motor Insurance

Covers loss or damage to your vehicle

Business Interruption (Downtime) Insurance.

Covers you for the loss of income while your vehicle is not operational as a result of a claim

Public and Products Liability Insurance.

Will cover you for the amount you are legally liable to pay as compensation for certain personal injury and/or property damage

Carriers Transit Liability Insurance

Covers your legal liability regarding compensation for loss or damage to good

What usually isn’t covered?

Each policy is different, but generally you won’t be covered if the vehicle is:

  • Being driven by an unlicensed driver.
  • Being driven by you or any other person while under the influence of any drug or alcohol.
  • Dry Hire
  • Operating Outside Radius Limit
  • Being used in any motor sport or time trial.

In addition, there is a deductible/excess.

There are other exclusions which your insurance broker can outline for you.


Truck driver was reversing into the loading dock of the warehouse.

In the process he misjudged the distance and reversed into the building causing damage to the roller door and his trailer.

The truck insurance policy responded and paid damages for repairs to his truck and the third party building.

Important note – the information provided here is general advice only and had been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. A product disclosure statement (PDS) is available from your insurance broker. You should consider the PDS in deciding whether to acquire, or continue to hold, business insurance.

Looking for Insurance?
Your business is too important not to act. Call now or click to request your free consultation and quote!!

Contact info

Request A Quote